Overseer Leroy Watson called the meeting to order via telephone at 9:05 a.m. Also present via telephone was Executive Committee member Cheri Watson. Present in the 10th floor Saunders Library of the National Grange Building in Washington, DC were Ceres Beverly Mitchell, Treasurer Amber Bell, Lecturer Samantha Johnson, Steward Amanda Brozana, Flora Stephanie Wilkins, Lady Assistant Steward Jessie Cope, Secretary Richard Weiss, Austin Miller and Grange Volunteer Victoria Whitehead.
Minutes of the April 16, 2013 meeting were approved as read.
As of April 30, 2013 the Operating Fund balance at BB&T bank was $247.62
As of April 30 2013 the Kile Fund balance at PNC bank was $33,989.70
There are outstanding bills of $350.00 for preparation and filing of 2012 IRS Form 990 and $300.00 for the preparation and filing of 2011 IRS Form 990. It was moved, seconded and passed that these bills be paid from the Kile Fund.
There are some dues payments that will show up in the May report.
The following resolution regarding the Grange Youth Programs was presented for consideration. The purpose of the resolution is to create outside funding possibilities for the youth programs and to create separate missions for the Youth and Young Adult programs.
- Youth Program
- WHEREAS, the ages for the Grange Youth Program is not clearly defined and;
- WHEREAS, the Grange Youth and Young Adult Department seeks funding for
- their programs from grant sources that often require specific ages be served and;
- WHEREAS, the National Grange Youth Director uses their discretion to
- determine the age for Youth and Young Adults included in their program;
- therefore be it
- RESOLVED that the age for the Grange Youth Program and the Young Adult
- Program are defined as Youth age 14-24 and Yound Adult age 25-35, and be it
- RESOLVED that the Grange Youth and Young Adult Programs have separate
- missions and programming.
It was moved, seconded and passed to adopt the resolution for presentation at the November National Convention.
The trip to the Mason-Dixon dairy farm near Gettysburg was cancelled because of a conflict with graduations. It was decided to put the trip off to the fall.
It was suggested that it may be time for a fund raiser. It was decided to make that an agenda item for the next meeting.
Stephanie Wilkins explained how to get to the new location of the Potomac Grange website. She made a note that Google is still sending people to the old location which says the site is not active.
Overseer Watson read Junior Granger Rachael Watson’s essay entitled “Why I Love New Hampshire.” (Rachael had already left for school.) The reading was well received by all.
There was no further business and the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 a.m. Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 18, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in the Saunders Library of the National Grange Building in Washington, DC.
Richard B. Weiss
Secretary, Potomac Grange #1