- Federal Lifeline Program Extension-Appeal to the Federal Communications Commission to delay continuance of the Lifeline voice-only program and reconsider its 2016 reform order.
- Multi-Employer 401k Program-using its sustaining membership category. National Grange to explore the formation of a multi-employer 401k program addressing retirement needs of small farms and rural businesses.
- On the evening of our meeting, Joan and Amanda will present a Potomac Grange #1 WW11 certificate to 98-year-old Ruth Black Koczela of North West Washington. She was a Navy Wave “Code Girl” and served her Naval career in Washington, DC. She is a member of Williamsburg Grange #225 (MA).
- We will invite members of the National Arboretum Youth Garden to our February, 2020 meeting to give us an update on their projects.
- Master’s Conference-To be held February 14-16, 2020 in Westminster, Maryland. Room expense will be $99.00 per night. Some meals will be covered. There will be other incidental expense. Richard Weiss moved that President Smith attend the conference representing Potomac Grange #1. Amanda Rios seconded the motion and it passed.
- Mid-Atlantic Grange Leader’s Conference-To be hosted by New Jersey State Grange March 20-22, 2020.The conference will feature youth sing-a-song, public speaking and talent contests, workshops and a tour in the local area. Potomac Grange #1 may conduct an Ag in the Classroom workshop. It was moved and seconded that President Smith attend the conference representing Potomac Grange #1. The motion passed.
- Agriculture in the Classroom Summit-To be held in Kansas City Missouri March 30-April 1, 2020. Transportation, hotel and some meals are covered by NAITC/USDA. Richard Weiss moved and Amanda Rios seconded that President Smith attend the conference representing Potomac Grange #1. The motion passed.
- We will hold our annual Hqs building tenant’s breakfast in April as it is Grange Month. The last breakfast garnered two new members. Our additional 7 new members in 2019 resulted in Potomac having the highest percentage of new members versus all State Granges in 2019.
Rachel Watson has graduated to full Potomac Grange membership.
Good of the Order/Sick or in Need
There was no further business and the meeting adjourned at 2:45 p.m.
Richard Weiss, Secretary