What is the Grange? Mt. Lookout Grange is part of a regional, state and national Grange organization, which is historically an agricultural community organization. In the summer of 2013, a handful of Mancosians re-started the group, after many years of dormancy. We are located in the beautiful Mancos Valley, in South West Colorado.
So, what does the Mt. Lookout Grange do? We improve the economic well-being, social connectedness and quality of life for agricultural producers, and all in our rural community.
Why is this important? Strong communities empower individuals to succeed and foster inter-generational collaboration and knowledge sharing. This links neighbors in all kinds of beneficial relationships and serves local causes. And, it’s fun!
• Workshops teaching the rural arts and other skills
• Kitchen use programs for members
• Resource sharing through message boards and other communication mediums
• Social Events
• Programming for members, and the community at large
• Grassroots, nondenominational, nonpartisan approach to community building
• Family–in all its forms
• People of all ages, cultures, genders and beliefs
• Involvement, leadership, and initiative
• Learning and education
• Diversity of opinions and backgrounds
• Community Service
• Benefits to members
• Youth leadership and development
~ ~ ~
The Grange is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization based in more than 2,100 hometowns across America. We have nearly 150 years of history, a passion for grassroots advocacy, and a fraternal spirit that we’re happy to share with you.
To schedule rental of the hall and/or the kitchen, please call Jordan (719) 440-1890 or Nicole (970)623-2925