Yes, I can’t believe I am getting at this already, but time has a way of marching on and there are a few things I need to bring to your attention.
- Many, Many Words of Thanks are not enough to express Jack and My appreciation for ALL the HELP and Support we received from the Members of Flora Grange. We want you all to be aware of the Appreciation Dinner September 10th at the fairgrounds. Both Jack and I have tickets for anyone and their family who worked any place on the grounds, prior to the fair, during the fair, or following the fair. Please let me know if you need tickets. I will be happy to deliver, meet you somewhere, or mail them to you. Phone 815-222-6173 We could not have done it without each and every one of you chipping in!
HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY TO THEO HILDEBRAND September 1st
- There will be a public open house at Flora Grange Hall Saturday, September 1st from 2-4. Cards are Most Welcomed. She is our oldest member and has been a faithful servant throughout her life. Please come and show our love and appreciation.
- Sept 2nd and 3rd the quilters will be meeting at the hall beginning at 9am. Emalee wanted to let you know that the material for the “quilt of valor” will be passed out that weekend.
- Flora Grange is serving Habitat on September 8th. The new home is right across the street from last year’s home so should be easy to find.
- Next meeting will be September 11, 2018 Regular meeting with cake, jello, and sandwiches being served following the meeting. Serving committee consists of Joan, Allen, and Sharon Fidder as well as Deb Silvers unless she has filled in for someone during the year and then the other guy will be on the serving committee. (He knows who he is!)
- The 145th Annual Illinois State Grange Convention begin September 14th thru 18th. Several members of Flora Grange are planning on attending so there will be plenty of wheels going to the event and will be able to enter your projects for you. Give them a call, Emalee, Sharon and Joan Fidder, Al and Lindakay Ebel, and possibly more.
- Finally, we extend our sympathy to Kristi Brockman, Serenity and Shance in the loss of their Grandma Grace and Great Grandma.
- Enjoy the season and be aware of farm machinery on the roads as harvest is not long away. Sincerely, Laurel
.Enjoy these warm summer days, the beautiful flowers, and various shades of green in the trees, the lawns, and the crops.