- Next meeting, Feb 20th, 12 noon tureen,
- Donations can be made anytime, an mailed to our Secretary, under the Contact Tab! And Don’t forget to check out the Events Tab as well…
- Grange Dues, will be accepted anytime for 2016.
- Many Hands working Together!
- Curriers, first named Fox’s Corners, has seen its share of businesses including sawmills, cheese factories, Fox’s Tavern, a blacksmith shop, Post Office, and of course, at least two general stores. Some prices taken from the Twiss Store Records from 1867 included wallpaper, 23 cents; one lb. maple sugar, 14 cents; a corset, $1.50; a linen coat, $1.50; hip boots, $6.00; and an axe, $1.63. An excerpt dated July 17, 1890 from Curriers news in the local “Javan Eagle” newspaper said, “Hay is the heaviest crop in years. Laborers are scarce. Some farmers are offering $2 per day and can’t get help at that.” Buildings still standing in Curriers include the church, instituted in 1854 as the Congregational Church of West Java, and now known as the Curriers Wesleyan Community church. Across the road is the present home of the Curriers Grange No. 1273, which was organized in 1912 with 52 charter members and Ellsworth Smith as its first master. Built in 1901, the building first served as a school and was deeded over to the Grange in 1970.
- March 19th, Basket Raffle
- April 16th, Annual Banquet
The Backwoods Cloggers dance every Tuesday, Contact: Pat Gunner, 716-537-9895, [email protected] Classes start in Sept.
Train Dogs upstairs on Wednesday, Contact: Leanne Pokigo, 716-537-3022 [email protected]
- Every Month is Grange Month!
- Warsaw Grange, 177 S. Main Street, Warsaw, NY 14569 will have a number of events for the summer and Bi-Centennial Singers also, planned Fund Raisers!