Beverly Grange # 306 met on Monday, June 17th at the Hastings House, Beverly Farms.
The presiding Master for the evening was Brother Russell Carr.
Sister Dorothy Carr was elected to Affiliate membership. The election of officers for 2013-2014 was held.
Beverly Grange will hold a planning meeting on Monday, July 15th.
The Annual Cookout will be held on Monday, August 19th at 6:00 P.M. at the Hastings House. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be supplied; members and guests are encouraged to bring accessories (salads, side dishes, drinks, desserts). A brown bag auction will be held for the benefit of the Grange.
The Installation of Officers will be Monday, September 16th.
We just wanted to take a minute to look back on the achievements the Beverly Grange Youth Committee has done in this Grange Year 2012-2013
- New Master Brian Carr is the first Youth Master of Beverly Grange in over a decade.
- In March, guest speaker Christopher Szkutak (Youth!), State Gatekeeper and Legislative Director, provided a presentation on National and State politics, as well as introducing the National Grange Youth Department’s ‘Apathy Not Allowed’ program. Master Brian Carr presented the National Youth Department’s Francis McDowell Trivia Challenge.
- At our April Neighbors Nite, we were delighted with special visits from several Youth and near-Youth. (We’ve managed to see all the Youth State Officers at Beverly Grange this year!)
- On May 6th, our own Brian Carr was installed as Secretary of the newly-revived Mass. State Grange Youth Leadership Association.
- At our May 20th meeting, Sister Kailey Wrenn was elected to membership and obligated.
- Three Youth have been elected to offices in Beverly Grange for the coming year. Sister Debralee Woodward has agreed to serve as Youth Committee Chair for 2013-4.
Thanks to everybody in Beverly Grange for all their support in making this one of our most successful Youth years. We’re looking forward to an even greater 2013-4!