- National Grange President’s April Message April 1, 2014
- National Grange President’s March Message March 21, 2014
- Grange releases “The Early Granges of New York State: The First 10 Years” as an exclusive e-book to the Amazon Kindle Store March 13, 2014
- County farmers question new agricultural regulations, changes February 10, 2014
- Soup Bowl feeds about 75 people February 6, 2014
- National Grange President’s February Message February 3, 2014
- National Grange happy to see Farm Bill passes House January 29, 2014
- Grange Month 2014 January 29, 2014
- National Grange President says Obama touts willingness to ‘overstep’ Presidential Authority January 29, 2014
- National Grange President’s January Message January 14, 2014
Grangers and friends are invited to join Pleasant View Grange and Gardner Grange at a reception honoring Roger Bostwick, newly elected Priest Archon of the Assembly of Demeter. Roger is the first Kansan to ever hold this office.
The reception will be on Sunday, April 6, 2014, from 2-4pm at the Ozawkie United Methodist Church. We hope you can join us and congratulate Roger on his success!
Pleasant View member Roger Bostwick, who was serving as the National Grange Assistant Steward, has a new national office – Priest Archon of the National Grange. He was elected this week at the national convention. We congratulate Roger on his achievements!
This video shows the Distinguished Grange ceremony. Start at the 3:00 minute mark to avoid the pre-presentation prep. Gardner Grange (Kansas) was recognized at the 16:45 mark, and Pleasant View at the 23:20 minute mark.
Our November meeting will be on the 21st (not the 14th). 6:30 pm at Hamburger Paradise, 7:30 pm at Ozawkie UMC. Program will be a legislative update from Roger Bostwick, following the National Grange Convention.
September is our annual pizza party, which will be on Thursday, September 12th at 6:30 p.m. at Golden Pizza in Oskaloosa. Come enjoy some good pizza, and a fun time with fellow Grangers.
Members are invited to bring their contest entries for the state convention.
We received notification that we are a 2013 Distinguished Grange! Distinguished Granges have to meet a set of criteria involving membership, community activity and outreach. The Granges that meet the criteria are then recognized at the National Convention. The 2012 list of Distinguished Granges can be viewed at http://www.nationalgrange.org/distinguished-grange-winners/
Our project to have new underlayment for the playground equipment in the Ozawkie City Park is complete! After our fundraiser last fall, along with donations from the Grange and Rebekahs, we were able to purchase the pea gravel, and the city agreed to do the labor. The weather finally cooperated long enough for Scott and Sam (the city maintenance men) to get the gravel under the larger playground. The swings area was complete in May. Our thanks to our 20+ volunteers, the City Council, the City workers and to everyone who made this project successful!
You can now pre-register for the state convention by completing and returning the attached form.